Abstract - William Nixon
William NixonGlasgow University
(click on the title to see the presentation slides)
"A research institution’s view of their role in OA mandates and policies: using the institutional repository"
This short presentation will pose a range of questions, including:
- how universities can help funders implement mandates
- what the infrastructure implications are for universities
- what the policy implications are for universities
- how funders can help universities
- what are the shared (and different goals) for institutions and funders
These will be set in the context of lessons learned by the University of Glasgow and its institutional repository Enlighten. The University of Glasgow introduced its institutional publications policy in June 2008. It is currently linking funder award data from the Research System to publication data in the repository to ensure compliance with funder mandates. This work is being done as part of JISC funded Enrich project.